top of page


Public·94 members
Nolan Williams
Nolan Williams

Vessel _HOT_

The National Vessel Documentation Center facilitates maritime commerce and the availability of financing while protecting economic privileges of United States citizens through the enforcement of regulations, and provides a register of vessels available in time of war or emergency to defend and protect the United States of America.


vessel (third-person singular simple present vessels, present participle vesselling or (US) vesseling, simple past and past participle vesselled or (US) vesseled)

The DTOPS website lets you place orders and pay online for Annual User Fees (Commercial Vehicles, Private Vessels, and Private Aircraft) and Single Crossing Fees (Commercial Vehicles) associated with crossing the border into the United States. Transponders are used for commercial vehicles while decals are used for private aircraft and private vessels (30 ft+). Single crossing fees apply only to commercial vehicles.

If you have a large inventory of commercial vehicles, private aircraft, or private vessels, then you will likely have a better user experience using a desktop or large tablet, due to the tables that are used to display some of the information.

Yes. A corporate / company aircraft or vessel is eligible for a decal and is considered to be a "Private Aircraft" or "Private Vessel" as long as passengers do not pay a fare. The same is true of an aircraft or vessel that is owned by an individual - it is considered to be "private" as long as passengers do not pay a fare.

Paperwork Reduction Act Notice: An agency may not conduct or sponsor an information collection and a person is not required to respond to this information request unless it displays a current valid OMB control number and an expiration date. Thecontrol number for this collection is 1651-0052. The estimated average time to complete this application is 20 minutes for vehicles and 16 minutes for aircraft and vessels. If you have any comments regarding the burden estimate you can write to U.S. Customs andBorder Protection, Office of Regulations and Rulings, 799 9th Street NW, Washington DC 20229. Expiration 03-31-2023

Decals are stickers that are placed on all private aircraft and private vessels (30 feet or more in length) as proof that the User Fee for entry into the U.S. has been paid for the calendar year. Any arriving vessel or aircraft that does not have an annual decal will be required to pay the non-refundable User Fee and complete an application, which will be forwarded to the processing center. The application will be processed, and a decal will be mailed from the processing center. A decal expires on December 31st of its issue year. A new decal is issued whenever the decal is renewed.

Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(e)(3), this Privacy Act Statement serves to inform you of the following concerning the collection of information on the Decal and Transponder Online Procurement System (DTOPS) website for the payment of user fees for commercial vehicles, private aircraft and private vessels.

PURPOSE: The purpose for soliciting this information is to allow the purchase of border-crossing transponders or decals for commercial vehicles, private vessels and aircrafts, and to allow the payment of the commercial vehicle single crossing user fee via the secure DTOPS website. The DTOPS website provides a convenient method to pay for either a border-crossing transponder or decal or a single crossing user fee. Paying online via DTOPS improves wait times by allowing carriers to pay the user fee online prior to arriving at the border.

DISCLOSURE: Providing this information is required for those commercial truck, private vessel or aircraft carriers who voluntarily choose to pay online the annual transponder or decal, or the single-crossing user fee. Carriers that choose not to purchase an annual transponder or decal or to pay the user fee online will continue to have the option to pay the user fee upon arriving at the port. By submitting your PII in applying for a DTOPS account, you are giving CBP permission to use the information for a specific, stated purpose, i.e., to obtain the benefits of creating a DTOPS user account.

Today, unfortunately unsafe boilers and pressure vessels can, and do, suffer catastrophic failures. The injuries and deaths attributed to boilers and pressure vessels today, although few by comparison, do happen. Catastrophic events are greatly reduced through mandatory safety inspections required by all fifty states and 13 providences in Canada. Alabama became the 49th state to enact a boiler and pressure vessel safety act. By February 5th, 2004 boiler and pressure vessel inspection began in earnest.

The Alabama law ACT NO. 2000-315 (BOILER AND PRESSURE VESSEL SAFETY ACT) requires boiler and pressure vessel inspections on a regularly established basis unless exempted by law. Please click on the ACT NO. link to see list of exemptions. Operating Certificates must be maintained on equipment regulated by the ACT. Permits must also be obtained to install boilers and pressure vessels. This includes Water Heaters over 200,000 btu or over 120 gals. Currently there is no requirement for an installer, operator, or maintenance/service company to be licensed under the ACT.

A purchaser of a new or used vessel has 30 days to title and register that vessel. During this 30 day period, the owner must have proof of the date of purchase aboard the vessel. Operating an unregistered vessel after 30 days is a second-degree misdemeanor.

A vessel not exempt from titling must be titled at the same time it is registered. To issue a Florida Certificate of Title for a new or used vessel purchased in or outside of Florida, the owner of the vessel must bring the appropriate titling fee and the following documents into a tax collector or license plate agent office:

Section 328.72(18), Florida Statutes, provides reduced vessel registration fees for a recreational vessel equipped with an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) or for a recreational vessel when the owner possesses a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB).

NOTE: The optional county fee is retained by the county where the vessel is registered. Counties that charge the optional county fee are: Broward, Charlotte, Collier, Dade, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Martin, Monroe, Palm Beach, Pinellas, Polk, Sarasota and Volusia.

If sales tax on the total purchase price of the vessel has not been paid at the time of the registration, payment must be made along with the registration and titling fees. If the sales tax has been paid, a receipt for payment must be provided to the county tax collector or license plate agent processing the title and/or registration.

If the vessel is purchased through a vessel dealer, sales tax is due on the vessel, motor (inboard or outboard), trailer and all accessories. If the vessel is purchased though a casual sale (no dealer involved), sales tax is due on the vessel, inboard motor and trailer. An outboard motor and accessories maybe exempt from sales tax if they are separately itemized and priced on the bill of sale.

An initial application for the title and registration of a homemade vessel is filed at the office of the county tax collector or license plate agent. If the homemade vessel is less than 16 feet in length forms HSMV 82040 and HSMV 87002 must be presented along with a $5.25 titling fee (for electronic title) or $7.75 (for paper title) or $11 (expedited (fast) title). A registration fee based on the length of the vessel and any applicable sales tax must also be paid.

If the homemade vessel is 16 feet or more in length, a physical inspection of the vessel by a member of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) must be conducted. FWC may be contacted through their website at At the time of inspection, a completed form HSMV 87002, Vessel Statement of Builder, must be submitted to the inspecting officer. Upon satisfactory completion of the inspection, the inspecting officer will provide a completed Certificate of Inspection, FWC/DLE-126, which will be submitted to the county tax collector or license plate agent along with forms HSMV 82040 and HSMV 87002 and a $5.25 titling fee (for electronic title) or $7.75 (for paper title) or $11 (expedited (fast) title). A registration fee based on the length of the vessel and any applicable sales tax must also be paid.

Florida has no salvage law allowing the finder of an abandoned vessel the right of ownership. As a title state, Florida requires a transfer of vessel title from owner to purchaser in order to obtain legal ownership. It is a crime in the state of Florida to take an abandoned vessel without first getting a title to it; doing so is considered theft and could result in fines or even jail time.

Section 705.103, Florida Statutes, states that a person who finds an abandoned vessel and wants to make claim to it, and ultimately title it, must first report it to a law enforcement officer. The law enforcement agency will collect a fee to conduct an investigation and determine the owner of the vessel. If the vessel is not claimed in the process of the investigation, the law enforcement agency may transfer it to the finder with a bill of sale and evidence of the investigation. The finder would then apply to FLHSMV to have the title put into his name.

Marine Notice 2020-2 has been issued to remind owners, operators, and vessel management companies of the requirements under the California OGV Fuel Regulation, and to notify the aforementioned stakeholders, that CARB enforcement will begin performing further analysis of samples collected during the inspection process.

Both the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary and the United States Power Squadrons have certified vessel examiners who will perform a free Vessel Safety Check ("VSC") at your boat, at a time of mutual convenience. There is no charge, and no consequences if you don't pass. Our goal is simply to help make boating as safe as possible for you, your family and your friends, through education. Personal pleasure craft, only(*). 041b061a72


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...


bottom of page