top of page

Group

Public·95 members
Nolan Williams
Nolan Williams

Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] [Completed] __TOP__

Hey there.I have had several requests to make a censored version of LoF, due to many likes the story as it is without the adult elements. That opens to other markets too, like Apple's app store. It is something I'll most likely do after it is completed because it requires a rewrite of those scenes.And if it'll be available on Steam? Yes. In about 75 minutes. :) Search for Leap of Faith there.

Leap Of Faith [Ch. 8] [Completed]

By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks.

By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise; for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised. Therefore from one man, and him as good as dead, were born as many as the stars of the sky in multitude; innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again.

Six writing assignments will be due during the semester--1/3 of grade in course. Don't panic! Each assignment is only one paragraph (usual length 130 to 170 words). If you exceed 220 words, you will not get credit for completing the assignment. You are to type them (double spaced) on the sheet I will provide--it includes a grading section. This section will include 5 criteria; graders will assign 0-3 points for each. Each writing assignment will not only get you engaged in the material but is also designed to help you develop specific reasoning and thinking skills. Normally you will have 2 classmates and the instructor giving you points for each of the criteria, but the instructor's will be the one that counts. Therefore do not put your names on the papers--use your student numbers. Evaluators will also use their student numbers. The overall grade for the writing assignments will be determined after the last assignment is completed. The grade will be determined by 1) the quality of the six individual paragraphs--e.g. the scores on each, 2) the improvement of your ability to think about issues in the humanities and your ability to express them in writing, 3) your care in marking other students' work. Since the heaviest weight will be on #1, you will roughly know how you're doing by using the following scale:

I want to say that as this gold is coveted, as long as the discord between Spain and France lasted, some corsairs came this way, following the scent of riches: some succeeded in taking money and gold to enrich themselves with the fortune of the careless, and others lost themselves in that quest here at the cost of their lives, and even there in their Brittany and Normandy they were not spared travails, until it pleased our Lord to bring a truce through the negotiations between His Imperial Majesty and the very Christian King, Francis of France, aided by the mediation and authority of our very Holy Father, Pope Paul, Third of this name, Vicar of Christ. And so it will please Our Lord to have peace preserved and expanded, since it is in peace that the welfare of all the faithful rests, because war is a disservice to God and His church and causes the republic to suffer: and to this one can reply what Sophonisba replied to Petrarch, as he says in a tercet, in these words:

As I have been as long-winded in this chapter as the subject required and as was necessary, I want to remind those listening to me, as prudent readers, to conclude from this chapter and what it contains that great treasures have gone to Spain from this island and from others populated by Christians and from the Mainland (after those lands were discovered) in pure and virgin gold, without having entered any nation other than Spain. And not only for the Spanish monarchs (whose empire and prosperous domain this is), but much more for their vassals and subjects, (because the king does not claim but a fifth as right, and in some provinces to favor his subjects he claims only a tithe or less); in addition to the many quintals of silver taken from Peru and New Spain, the innumerable marks of jewels and pearls, and the considerable and important gains from other enterprises in these lands, which have been of great benefit to the world. Indeed that statue called Holosphiraton,[25] and the other of Leonidas, the first man to place a statue of solid gold in the temple of Delphi ( in the seventieth Olympiad), would be more fitting for Don Christopher Columbus, the first discoverer and inventor of these Indies, and first admiral of them in our times; since unlike Leonidas, who, displaying oratory skill, earned the gold of his statue, Columbus, as spirited and wise navigator and valiant captain, showed us this New World, so abundant with the gold taken already and still being taken to Spain, from which thousands of such statues could be made. But he is even more deserving of fame and glory for having brought the Catholic faith where we are, and to all these Indians through whom by the grace of God, our Lord, the Christian religion grows every day. See how much merit and immortality is due to the name and soul of someone whose industry marked the start of so much goo

I strode through the streets and roofs of a primal city drenched in the blood of thousands of innocents. I leaped onto a rock wall, from which I flipped onto a roof. I sprinted to the other end and took a leap of faith into a chute. I felt the wind whip my face and eyes, and then splat as my body fell face-first into a liquid transport system.

I grabbed my gun and leaped forward to kill Reidak, whom I tripped with a vine I ensnared his foot with. Holding the gun in one hand, I kept it level with his head. He looked at me with fear then anger as he charged his eyebeams for one final fight. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• tpeters20
  • Hermiane Cielle
    Hermiane Cielle
  • Edward Turner
    Edward Turner
  • Henry Gaunt
    Henry Gaunt
  • Janet Gee
    Janet Gee
bottom of page