top of page

Group

Public·96 members

My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

Parents need to know that My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising is a Japanese animated movie in which a group of heroes-in-training must save innocents from a horde of powerful villains. There's quite a bit of cartoon action violence, peril, and monster/demonic imagery. In one scene, one of the villains holds a young girl up by the throat while threatening to choke her to death. Characters are shown injured and bandaged after intense fighting. Mild profanity throughout includes "crap," "damn," 'bastard," and "hell." One of the more aggressive young heroes tends to call both his peers and his rivals "losers" and "damn nerds." One of the villains is never without a cigar in his mouth. One main female character is typically dressed in skimpy attire. Despite being on the edgier side, it's endlessly imaginative in its animation, its storytelling, and positive themes of teamwork and living up to your fullest potential.

My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

In MY HERO ACADEMIA: HEROES RISING, Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (voiced by Justin Briner) and the other heroes-in-training from U.A. High School are being sent to Nabu Island. With a small population and no crime, the island affords them the perfect opportunity to further develop their skills. But those skills are soon put to the test when a gang of villains arrives on the island wreaking havoc and destruction. The villains' leader, Nine (Johnny Yong Bosch), has arrived on Nabu in order to steal a Quirk (unique gift) from a young child who lives there. Once Nine has acquired this Quirk, he will amass unstoppable power. With communications to the mainland cut off, Deku, Bakugo (Clifford Chapin), and the other young heroes must fight back at the peak of their abilities, with no support from All Might (Christopher Sabat) or the other hero-mentors who've been training them. As they struggle against Nine and his vicious minions, the heroes begin to understand how their unique skills work best when they work together.

My Hero Academia is one of the most popular anime in the world. And with one feature-length film already under its belt, it's no surprise a second movie featuring the heroes of Class 1-A is on the way.

The movie starts with The League of Villains running from the Pro Heroes with some precious cargo. Don't get used to seeing both factions, though, as this is the only part they play in the movie. While that may seem like a detriment, it actually works to the film's benefit. After all, Heroes Rising - just as the title suggests - is about the heroes-in-training of Class 1-A and how they handle situations above their pay grade.

Deku, Bakugo and the rest of the gang are sent to Nabu Island, where there's only 1,000 residents and crime is non-existent. There, they can practice being heroes. What starts out as the class doing mundane tasks, like finding lost cats and helping elderly people go to the hospital, quickly becomes life or death when a new group of villains arrives on shore.

With that said, having Nine accompanied by three other villains helps give each student of Class 1-A their own time to shine, especially in the final battle where, in true Shonen Jump fashion, a group of heroes is sent to deal with one villain at a time. Even smaller characters like Mineta and Ashido get sequences designed to really show what they can do.

While its plot is solid, Rising's fight scenes are some of the most crisp and dynamic in the entire series. The way the villains continue to power up and put the pressure on our heroes really makes you feel as though they won't be able to overcome the threat.

Set some time after the conclusion of the currently-airing fourth season of My Hero Academia, Heroes Rising follows Class 1-A as they're sent to Nabu Island as a temporary stand-in until the peaceful island gets assigned their own hero. The heroes-in-training are delighted to be working as official heroes, even if most of the work is mundane drudgery like repairing tractors or working as lifeguards. Except for the hotheaded Bakugo, who stalks about the island looking for a villain to fight, the students are delighted to please the kind Nabu Island villagers, who bring the kids all kinds of gifts, groceries, and farm produce as thanks for their deeds. Our kind-hearted protagonist Deku is, naturally in his element, his outsized compassion inspiring the island's cutest aspiring hero, a shy young boy named Katsuma whose mischevious older sister Mahoro hates heroes. These two are the central figures of this film (who will likely never show up in the proper series), as Katsuma's Quirk becomes the target of the film's Quirk-stealing villain, Nine.

It's a good thing that Kenji Nagasaki, stepping up from directing episodes of the anime series, directs the hell out of Heroes Rising. Nagasaki makes use of the bigger budget for the film, kicking things off with a thrilling CG-aided car chase that feels like it's been plucked out of Ghost in the Shell. And he proves himself adept at balancing the tranquil tone of the first half of the film with the gonzo action that My Hero Academia is known for. And oh, that action. I'll admit, I've been a little checked out of My Hero Academia lately, whose fight sequences in recent episodes have begun to feel redundant. But Heroes Rising's fights are rippling with the pure adrenaline and pulp that embody My Hero Academia as the outsized anime reflection on American superhero comics. The climactic fight is breathtaking in its depiction of an earth-shattering fight that nearly rips its heroes from limb to limb, set to a discordant twinkling piano. But that climax is even more awe-inspiring in its shattering of the status quo and the dynamic between Deku and Bakugo...before it neatly sweeps all of those changes under the carpet.

With supervillains on the rise and an all-powerful superhero going into retirement, a new generation of superheroes must fast-track their training. Sent to the remote and relatively safe Nabu Island, these rookie superheroes find themselves doing menial tasks like fixing tractors, finding lost children and carrying old ladies with back problems.

My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising was initially revealed with the tantalizing tease that creator Kohei Horikoshi once considered its story for the series' actual finale. Because of this, there's been a greater weight on the shoulders of Izuku Midoriya and the other members of Class 1-A's heroes on the rise to somehow meet expectations both inside the universe and outside of it. There's no need to worry, as My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising embraces this challenge and explodes beyond all preconceived notions.

Unsurprisingly, what is thought to be a simple learning experience turns into a disaster when new villains show up. The main villain, Nine, has the ability to absorb up to nine superhero abilities called quirks, but he also has a critical illness where if he overuses these abilities, his cell tissues die.

The film is set sometime after the manga's Pro Hero Arc. As part of a program sponsored by the Hero Public Safety Commission, Izuku Midoriya and the rest of Class 1-A are stationed as a "hero agency" on the isolated and peaceful Nabu Island. This training exercise is intended to help them become the next generation of heroes; as the island never sees extreme villain crime, the students can help out around the town without the direct supervision of their mentors.

Where Two Heroes ended with the vestiges of the establishment letting go control to the next generation, this ends with the smile of a small child, our young heroes finding it in themselves to inspire even the generation after them. My Hero Academia continues to understand the actual essence and importance of superhero mythmaking better than any modern American superhero film and it's not even close.

Nine and the others eventually reached to the island, in which he sent his comrades to create a diversion to attract the heroes, in order for Nine to secretly carry out their true plan. Nine eventually confronts the two Shimano siblings, in which he uses his identification Quirk, identifying that Katsuma has the Quirk he is looking for. Before he could capture him, however, Izuku Midoriya manages to arrive and prevent the villain from stealing his Quirk. Nonetheless, Nine manages to overpower the hero and even tries to steal One For All from him, but is surprised to see that he is unable to do so.

The two then proceed to overwhelm him once more, causing Nine to go all out once again. This time, Nine uses his Quirk to create a large tornado, surrounding the entire island, which proceeds to create all sort of cataclysmic damage. His overwhelming power was too much for the two heroes to handle and as such, he was able to easily overpower the two. Having them in his possession, Nine explains to them his view on society, how he aims to create a society where everyone of pure power will be equal, while Katsuki insists such a dream was impossible. This leads to Izuku having to share One For All with Katsuki and thus, the two proceed to use One For All at 100%. With this newly obtained power, they destroyed the tornado that Nine created with a Detroit Smash, causing Nine to be shocked at this display of power. After a drawn out battle, the two heroes were finally able to defeat Nine for good.

Much like the first My Hero Academia movie, Two Heroes, the students of U.A. High School\u2019s Class 1-A find themselves busy on a faraway island in Heroes Rising. The resident hero has retired, and in an effort to give some of U.A.\u2019s top students\u2019 additional training, they\u2019ve been sent to fill in for the recent retiree without the supervision of any pro heroes. That last part is a bit questionable, given they\u2019re only high school students tasked with running a hero business without supervision, but the setup works wonderfully and gives them space to shine when villains eventually attack. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• tpeters20
  • Reena kumari
    Reena kumari
  • Hermiane Cielle
    Hermiane Cielle
  • Edward Turner
    Edward Turner
  • Henry Gaunt
    Henry Gaunt
bottom of page